From Wim Bervoets <wim.bervo...@iconmedialab.com>
Subject RE: nullpointer exceptions when using DBTAGS !
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 14:46:56 GMT
Yes, that makes no difference,using
<sql:getColumn postion="1"/> or <sql:getColumn colName="wanted_text"/>

Maybe it's a bug in Resin 2.0.x ? The thing works correctly in Tomcat 3.2.3
on my localhost.

The strangest thing is that when there is exactly one row in the db, it
works.

In most cases (not with more complex sql queries) I can fix the nullpointer
error by modifying the following:

in BaseGetterTag.java you have the
variable _name.
The first time this _name is the column name I'm requesting results from.
(eg. wanted_text)
(in the sql query)
For the second element in the results of the sql query  ... _name has become
null.

Removing _name = null in the release() method fixes this error. (but maybe
will introduce other errors)
 I've not yet found why and where this _name variable  is set and why it is
set the first time and not set the second time.

Wim