From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: ldap support
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:29:43 GMT

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Shawn Bayern wrote:

> [snip]
> Second, individual taglibs may wish to consider using the JSTL RI's
> expression-language support, in order to "emulate" the generic expression
> acceptance that will likely be part of JSP 1.3.  This lets any tag receive
> "output" from JSTL.

Shawn,

Would it be possible to include some docs (maybe with a sample Hello,
World type tag) to illustrate how the expression language support can be
used in non-JSTL tags?  This would be tremendously useful to other tag
authors who want to follow this suggestion (which I think is a good one).

> Shawn Bayern
> Author, "JSP Standard Tag Library"  http://www.jstlbook.com
> (coming this spring from Manning Publications)

Craig McClanahan