From "Meltsner, Kenneth" <Kenneth.Melts...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Question about the io taglib
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:08:11 GMT
If you set the system properties:

http.proxyHost
http.proxyPort

(either programmatically, or by using -Dpropname=value when starting Java)
it will work with a proxy server that doesn't require authentication.  For
authentication, you need to add a custom header to the request.  I have the
code for this somewhere....

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 9:37 AM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: Question about the io taglib

Hi Mike

Unfortunately there's no ability to set a proxy server right now. The IO
Taglib just uses the URL class right now, so if someone can figure out how
to specify a proxy server when using the URL class it should be pretty easy
to patch the IO taglib. Otherwise it might be worth porting it to use the
commons-httpclient library instead.

James