From r.h.j.stee...@kpn.com
Subject RE: apply.jsp example not working
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 05:42:27 GMT
Shawn,

Tank you for your fast and kind response. Taken from the jakarta homepage,
it states that JSTL has to be used in combination with e.g. Tomcat 4. What
would I use when using Tomcat 3, which support Servlet 2.2 and JSP 1.1
specifications. Or am I drawing the wrong conclusion thinking that Servlet
2.2 and JSP 1.1 do support the XSL Taglib and the newer specs Servlet 2.3
and JSP1.2 don't?

Regards,

Ruud.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Bayern [mailto:bayern@essentially.net]
Sent: maandag 15 juli 2002 15:30
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: apply.jsp example not working

Ruud,

The XSL Taglib is no longer supported; use the Standard Taglib, which is
an implementation of the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL) instead.

--
Shawn Bayern
(coming in July 2002 from Manning Publications)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 r.h.j.steeghs@kpn.com wrote:

> hi,
>
> When I try to run the Apply.jsp example from the examples from jakarta xsl
> taglibs, I get the following exception:
>
> Internal Servlet Error:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.getDefaultLiaison()Ljava/lang/String;
> 	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.(XSLTEngineImpl.java:367)
> 	at

org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor(XSLTProcessorFactory
> .java:79)
> 	at org.apache.taglibs.xsl.ApplyTag.doEndTag(ApplyTag.java:271)
> 	at jsp.Apply_15._jspService(Apply_15.java:144)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:574)
> 	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)
> 	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:235)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:485)
> 	at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:91
> 7)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833)
> 	at

org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10I