From Hartmut Bernecker <h.bernec...@dhw.de>
Subject How to use the XSL-Taglib with J2SE 1.4 (SDK) and Tomcat 4.0.4
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 08:05:10 GMT
Hello,

Scenario:
Some XML-Documents (in Request-Scope) have to be transformed at runtime
in a JSP-Page.
This is done using the XSL-Taglib of Apache. It works well (using Xalan
1)!

But now made a update from Java 1.3 to Java 1.4 and the transformation
fails with following exception:
javax.servlet.ServletException:
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.getDefaultLiaison()Ljava/lang/String;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.getDefaultLiaison()Ljava/lang/String;

I don't exactly know what happens and how to avoid it.
I don't hope that the design of the application must be changed, but it
seems to be so.
Do you know a solution?
Have you gathered some experience with Java 1.4 concerning XSLT?

H. Bernecker