From "Ben Ramsey" <...@eureka-interactive.com>
Subject RE: XTAGS and DOCTYPE problems
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 17:21:24 GMT
Haven't heard from anyone regarding this in a while, so I just thought I'd
resend it to keep it fresh.  Does anyone have a clue as to what I need to do
differently?

Thanks.

Ben Ramsey
Technical Director
EUREKA! Interactive, Inc.
770-642-0390
www.eureka-interactive.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Ramsey [mailto:ramseyb@mail.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 5:27 PM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: XTAGS and DOCTYPE problems

I've written a perl script whose purpose it is to execute once an hour and
pull and save to our server data from a moreover.com RSS file.  Then, I use
XTAGS to format and display this data.  However, I am having a problem.
Here's the error I get:

javax.servlet.ServletException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission
p.moreover.com resolve) Nested exception: access denied
(java.net.SocketPermission p.moreover.com resolve)

Now, on a whim, I removed the DOCTYPE declaration in the moreover RSS file,
saved, and went to view my page in a browser.  Viola!  All worked perfectly.
Seemingly, removing this would be the fix, but since the idea is to automate
this process, then I cannot sit at the machine once every hour and do this.
In addition, I've tried pointing directly to the moreover URL, but I've had
no luck with that either, just more errors.

The header of moreover's RSS file looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE rss PUBLIC "-//Netscape Communications//DTD RSS 0.91//EN"
"http://p.moreover.com/xml_dtds/rss-0_91.dtd">
<rss version="0.91">

Why would this DOCTYPE declaration be causing this problem, when it
apparently isn't causing anyone else this problem (I've seen many others use
moreover's rss files in examples)?

Here's my code, if it'll help:

<xtags:parse uri="/data/xml/fodder/headlines.xml"/>
<xtags:stylesheet>
  <xtags:template match="/">
    <xtags:forEach select="/rss/channel/item[position() = 1 or position() =
2 or position() = 3
      or position() = 4 or position() = 5]">
target="_blank"><xtags:valueOf select="title"/></a>
    </xtags:forEach>
target="_blank">moreover.com</a>
  </xtags:template>
</xtags:stylesheet>