From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject RE: Very Basic Help
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 15:18:26 GMT
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Ben Ramsey wrote:

> If I were you, I'd look into using XTAGS.  I had numerous problems
> using the XSL 1.0 tag library to transform XML with XSL.  Plus,
> whenever I've looked for help with the XSL tag library, all sources
> seem to point to using XTAGS instead.

Indeed, the "XSL Taglib," which was once offered from Jakarta Taglibs, is
long out of date and should not be used.  However, not all sources point
to XTags.  The JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL) is what most people will
probably recommend for a JSP 1.2 container.  XTags was the inspiration for
many of JSTL's XML-related tags, and is still current if you're using a
JSP 1.1 container.

The current discussion, concerning syntax of the <x:transform> tag,
is about JSTL, not XTags.

--
Shawn Bayern
(coming in July 2002 from Manning Publications)