From "Maya Vayner" <mvay...@onesourcecorp.com>
Subject Displaying HTML content from XML via XTAGS
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:26:22 GMT
Hi friends,

I am new to the list, so
 Hello, everyone!

 I am trying to display a value of XML attribute in my jsp page using
xtags/xpath. I have a product description, which needs to show up on the
html page formatted as html, but instead characters that make up html code
< and > are converted to &lt; and &gt;
jsp code is this:

<xtags:valueOf select="@productDescription"/>

and that attribute's value if "<b>html</b>" in the xml, but when it goes
through valueOf it becomes "&lt;b&gt;html&lt;/b&gt;" which shows up all html
tags on the page...

 I have tried using xtags:output method="html" with copy and copyOf xtags
 inside because it looked like it would help, but - no success.

 Has anyone on this list had experience with this kind of challenge? How did
you resolve it?

Thank you.