From Bradley Schatz <brad...@greystate.com>
Subject <fm:fmtDate> and session based locales
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 13:57:22 GMT
Hi,

I am currently using the Jakarta STL implementation in a Model 2
servlet/jsp application.

My locale choice needs to be decoupled from the default, so I am doing
this in the controller servlet and setting a session based locale using:
	Config.set(session, Config.FMT_LOCALE, loc);

this works perfectly with PropertyResouceBundle based <fmt:bundle>, and
<fmt:message> tags in a given page. However, in the same page where this
works, the <formatDate> tag only seems to output english, rather than
the german i have configured the locale to. The tag i am using is below

<fmt:formatDate value="${thedate}" type="both" dateStyle="LONG"
timeStyle="LONG" />

Any suggestions on what i could do to fix this ?

thanks,

Bradley