From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject JSP 2.0 and EL
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2002 15:46:20 GMT
So, I'm wondering, if EL is going to be available in the JSP 2.0 Core.
Does this mean the following?

1.) Most taglibs for JSP 2.0 will be able to adopt to EL without much in
the line of code modifications?

i.e.

<prefix:tag attribute='<%=session.getAttribute("foobar")%>'/>

could easily be rewritten as

<prefix:tag attribute='${sessionScope.foobar}'/>

and the setting of the "Attribute" would be independent of the
evaluation of this would be independent of ${sessionScope.foobar}in the
taglib?

2.) Will we be able to do things like this?

tag. </a>

I have some some custom taglib's I've been working on, I was thinking of
integrating the EL Engine from JSTL into them and now, if the above is
true, I'm wondering if I really have to do that? Or if I should just
focus on implementing them for JSP 2.0.

-Mark Diggory
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://thedata.org/