From Vernon Wu <vern...@gatewaytech.com>
Subject Re: What is the rationale: (was RE: is there a better way to do t his without JSP Script var)
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:03:18 GMT

Thomas,

Thanks for providing the inside information, and clarify the source of the problems I experienced
are due to the
container TC, not JSTL itself.

I have tried the TC4.1: first 4.1.7b, encounter two problems, and later 4.1.8b, one problem
still exist -
InstantiationException on login page, for an instance used in the following page. I have posted
a question on the TC
user group email list, not response yet. Hopefully, I can get over the problem soon and test
out the fmt message tag on
the new container.

Vernon

8/6/2002 12:58:00 AM, Thomas Colin de Verdière <tdeverdiere@scort.com> wrote:

>Hi Vernon,
>
>Vernon Wu wrote:
>> Those are the reasons in theme, or what JSTL mean to be. In reality, the current
version of JSTL has achieved the
>> most of the goal, thank for JSTL team for their a lot of hard work.
>>
>> There are few problem thought. After employing the message tag of fmt in JSTL, I,
> > however, experience a
tumble