From Madhavi Thottempudi <madh...@caret.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Using taglib with Tomcat4.0
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:05:54 GMT
Hi there!
I am using dbtags lib for accessing database from client side (jsp). It
works fine with Tomcat3.0, but when I use the same thing in Tomcat4.0 it's
falling over.

The error reads -
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/jsp/log$jsp, method: _jspService
signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)V)
Incompatible object argument for function call at
java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method) at
java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:237) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.load(JspServlet.java:138)

I don't understand why it's happening as the only thing I did was to move
from Tomcat3.0 to Tomcat4.0.
In web.xml, withinn <webapp> tag- I had the <taglib> property & value tag

as the last one.
Any ideas what I am missing or where I am going wrong??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

regards,
Madhavi