From Madhavi Thottempudi <madh...@caret.cam.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Using taglib with Tomcat4.0
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:40:56 GMT

>I started seeing this same error yesterday while working on a taglib based
>on DBTags.  I'm using Tomcat 3.3.1.  All I did was change my tag from
>BodyTagSupport to TagSupport, and deleted the doStartTag and doAfterEndTag
>(?) methods.  It still compiled with no errors, but gave the 'Incompatible
>object argument' error when I reloaded the jsp.
>
>I was able to get rid of that error by putting the tag code back the way it
>was, as an extension of BodySupportTag.  Which it doesn't need to be, but
>it's got other problems, so I'll settle for not causing any additional ones
>while I try to fix it.
>
>--
>Wendy Smoak
>Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.
>Arizona State University PA Information Resources Management

Hi there!
It looks like not using the class U have mentioned causes the problem -
"Incompatible object argument for function call"

The jar file I have consists classes under the packages:
org.apache.taglibs.dbtags.connection
org.apache.taglibs.dbtags.preparedstatement
org.apache.taglibs.dbtags.resultset
org.apache.taglibs.dbtags.statement

Nothing that refers to BodyTagSupport class or doStartTag, doAfterEndTag
methods.
Am I missing something here?? (sorry, if I am asking a funny question -
Obviously I am new to these taglibs)
Please let me know, if U have any idea where I am going wrong.

Thanks very much
-Madhavi

Madhavi T
CARET, University of Cambridge