From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject RE: using struts tagclasses inside our tagclass
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:17:18 GMT

Couldn't you do this by using <%@ include ... %> or <jsp:include ... />
instead of going to the trouble of writing custom tag handlers?

> My question is, if we write our tagclass using the methods of
> the struts
> tagclasses on the java level (i.e. setting the various parameters by
> hand and doing the doStartTag() etc.)
>
> a) am I missing something obvious, and
> b) is it going to break when they upgrade struts

I wouldn't recommend doing this. There's more to it than just doStartTag(),
doEndTag(), etc. You'd also need to invoke the methods that are generally
implemented by TagSupport or BodyTagSupport at the right times, and be very
careful about obeying the rules related to AttSets and tag handler reuse.

--
Martin Cooper