From dmk...@earthlink.net (David M. Karr)
Subject No "indexed" access ala Struts?
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:21:02 GMT
I don't think this is available in the EL, but I'll ask just to make sure.

Struts property references allow you to specify array indices, like
"arrayIndexed[3]", when you have a method in your bean like this:

     public int getArrayIndexed(int index) {
       return (arrayName[index]);
     }

This is in addition to the more conventional references like "array[3]", with a
corresponding bean method of this:

    public int[] getArray() {
        return (this.arrayName);
    }

JSTL can deal with the latter, allowing a reference like "array[3]".  I don't
believe it will handle the former in any way.  Is that correct?  I've tried
some experiments and gone through the EL syntax, and I don't see anything like
this.