From "Rutledge, Aaron" <ARutle...@5prime.com>
Subject RE: Xtags pointer
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 00:33:10 GMT
Nevermind..problem solved.  Sorry to bother the list with this.  I used
the [position()=i]XPATH command inside of a for loop set using the
count() function--worked great.  I guess I better get an XPATH book. (;

-----Original Message-----
From: Rutledge, Aaron
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 2:36 PM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Xtags pointer

Hi List,
     I am new to this list and pretty new to XTags and XPath.  I was
wondering if there is an XPath or Xtag method that allows you to move
forward through nodes like you can with a pointer in a RecordSet?  I
have a <xtags:forEach> loop, but I would like to selectively move
forward to the next node before the end of the forEach.  Is this
possible?  My only option I suppose is to wrap the forEach in a
collection and then iterate through that.  I'd rather not ad that
complexity.  I tried the XPath nextSibling command without luck, but
maybe I am not using it correctly (it returned a blank result and did
not move forward through the result).  Any help GREATLY appreciated!
Best regards to all, Aaron