From "Dien Nguyen Thanh" <dienngu...@Cybersoft-VN.com>
Subject RE: xml, how large is to large?
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:06:18 GMT

Hi you :-) (i really don't know what your sex is)

i think your problem probadly is not wrong because the maximum heap of java application is
2Mb, so i think you can easily resolve as follows:
1. Increase your heap option setting by using jdk command.
2. Divide the parsing XML to many phase.

Sincereply,
DNT

-----Original Message-----
From: Þorgils Völundarson [mailto:thorgils@krabb.is]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 4:41 PM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: xml, how large is to large?

Hi,

I have an xml file which is just over 2Mb in size. When I try to parse it
with jstl I get java out of memory error from apache. What are the main
considerations for large xml files and efficiency?

Kveðja,
Þorgils Völundarson
Krabbameinsfélag Íslands, Krabbameinsskrá
Beinn sími: 540 1973
netfang: thorgils@krabb.is
gsm: 698 5302