From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: How can I access JSP variables from the JSTL tag
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 18:18:44 GMT
On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Dave Anand wrote:

> But there is no mention of this in your "JSTL in Action" book. I would
> like to see more examples of how to combine / mix the JSLT with the
> JSP script.  This is what happens in the real world. There are
> situations that you are forced to go to JSP Scripting for lack of
> complete programming functions in JSTL.

See chapter 14; this is the main point of the chapter.  In particular,
section 14.1 ("Scripting elements and the JSTL rtexprvalue libraries"),
section 14.1.3 ("Scripting variables and <jsp:useBean>"), and section 14.6
("Exposing data to JSP pages") will all be useful.

> Using JSTL certainly makes your development much faster, especially in
> the area of database access.

Thanks!  I agree.  :-)

--
Shawn Bayern