From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject RE: How to get a <xtags:valueOf.../> value
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:00:24 GMT
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Carlos Barroso wrote:

> But i'm not using java beans.

It doesn't matter; don't be fooled by <jsp:useBean>'s name.  It simply
creates a scripting variable when used with the 'id' and 'type'
attributes; the example I showed will do exactly what you want.

> I just want to put the result in a string to use it in another xtags
> expression, like this:
>
>   (...)
>
>   String menu = <xtags:valueOf select="<XPath expression>"/>

Indeed, this is the form of the code that <jsp:useBean> translates to when
the JSP page undergoes translation.

--
Shawn Bayern