From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: <x:forEach>
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:36:33 GMT
On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, peter lin wrote:

> I just noticed that LoopTagSupport has status, but <x:forEach> does
> not support it. Is there a particular reason why <x:forEach> doesn't
> have status like <c:forEach>?

Not really - at least not to my knowledge.  I believe we intended to add
it at one point, but it didn't have a high enough priority to get noticed
toward the end of the 1.0 cycle.

One could argue that <x:forEach> need not have stateful (imperative-style)
status and that all operations should be handled through XPath, but I
think imperative-style constructs are actually one of JSTL's strengths in
this regard.

Perhaps this is small enough to add in JSTL 1.1; I'll bring it up during
the next cycle.

--
Shawn Bayern