From "Stefan" <ni...@studioweb.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to call java.lang.String.substring on a <c:out ?
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 04:45:57 GMT
Hi,

I just installed the string  taglib and tried the simple example as found in
the docs:

<str:substring start="4" end="8">The tree is green.</str:substring>

And I get this error:

org/apache/commons/lang/NumberUtils

I am using Resin 2.1.4 and placed the string.jar file into the web
applications WEB-INF\lib folder and added the discriptor file to:

WEB-INF\classes\tlds

And finally I added this to the web.xml file:

<taglib>
  <taglib-uri>http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/string-1.0</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/string.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks