From Vernon Wu <vern...@gatewaytech.com>
Subject Iteration tag application
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 20:47:59 GMT
The iteration tag like c:forEach is great to retrieve a list of data. I, however, recently
find some sort of dissatisfied with its
application. Here are two scenarios to make my this point. One is that after having a list
of data, a user usually will do
some about it, say, take a look at of one of items in the list. I can't see a easy way to
let the user navigate the previous
or next of item without go back to the list (have to use the back button on the browser).
The second one is in an
example of email client: a list of messages. After a user clicks a message title in the message
list and read it, there isn't a
way to indicate the message is read without a DB operation(highlight or not).

It seems to me that it is better off to use MVC to retrieve a list of data, and store the
data in a session scope. This
implementation let developers have more room to work with the list data.

Any opinion?

Please point out if I am wrong.

Vernon