From Tim Kettering <tims...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to call java.lang.String.substring on a <c: out ?
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 04:17:22 GMT

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/string-doc/intro.html

I'd suggest using the Strings taglib.  Its really very nice, and comes with
a whole lot of other goodies you can use as well, rather than making a
one-off bean method that does the same thing.

<str:substring start="4" end="8">
<c:out value="${param.name}"/></str:substring>

Or something like that.

> So I would wrap the <c:out  value="${}}"/> tag with a JSTL string taglib or
> perhaps a bean method that returns a string like so:
>
> <%=  myBean.myStringMethod(<c:out  value="${param.name}}"/>) %>
>

> Thanks

Tim Kettering
timster@mac.com