From "smallufo" <small...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Re: c:imported jsp cannot show Chinese chars
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:30:36 GMT
Hi all , I'm from Taiwan , newbie to JSTL .

I encountered a serious problem about Chinese big5 encoding in JSTL .

For example , a index.jsp wants to include header.jsp
The first two lines of index.jsp are :

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html;charset=Big5" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

All chinese chars inside index.jsp can be shown correctly .

Then , I want to insert header.jsp . I've tried many ways but in vain . All
Chinese (big5) words in header.jsp cannot be correctly displayed. ex:

<jsp:include page="jsp/header.jsp"/>
 Chinese words become bad codes.

JSTL way :
<c:import url="jsp/header.jsp"/>
 Chinese chars become question marks ("???????")

<%@ include file="jsp/header.jsp" %>
 com.caucho.xml.XmlParseException: stream:26: illegal character
 ref at `?' (\ufffd)

Adding character-encoding='big5' in web.xml or not seems won't change the
result.

What else can I do ? Can somebody help me ? Thank you.

Server environment :

Linux locale : LANG=zh_TW
Servlet Container : Resin 2.1.6

JSTL Libraries: