From "Affan Qureshi" <quere...@etilize.com>
Subject Getting values from a Map in JSTL-EL
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 05:34:21 GMT
I have two questions. How to get values if my bean has a method that returns
a Map? I have a bean with getValues() method that returns a Map.
I have tried
<c:out value="${specs.values.paramId}" />

<c:out value="${specs.values[paramId]}" />

<c:out value="${specs.values.map.paramId}" />

But I get the following error:
Unable to find a value for "map" in object of class
"java.util.HashMap$Values" using operator "."'  (correspondingly)

Also my bean also has a method that takes a String and returns the value
Object from the map. Its signature is:
public Object getValue(String key)

How do I use this method using EL?

Thanks a lot.