From Johann Uhrmann <johann.uhrm...@xpecto.com>
Subject Possible bug in JSTL?
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:30:50 GMT
Hello,

is there anything known about a bug in the fmt-part of jstl?

The following code causes the strange behaviour:

<%@ page language="java" %>

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="fmt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt" %>

<fmt:setBundle basename="WebResource" />

<c:set var="locale"><%= request.getLocale() %></c:set>
<fmt:setLocale value="${locale}" />
<!-- Locale=<c:out value="${locale}" /> -->

There are three resource bundles (implemented as resource classes):
WebResource, WebResource_en and WebResource_de

After a reload of the web application, the right resource bundle is
chosen then it sticks to that particular resource bundle and does not
change regardless of the client activity.
(Changing the locale, restarting the browser and accessing again still
 showed the messages from the former resource bundle.)

The last line of the code snippet always shows the right locale but only
one time after the reload of the web application, that locale actually
influences the chosen resource bundle.
E.g.: I select English as default language, the html-source code shows
Locale=en and all texts are in German, because the first time the site
was accessed, it was with a German browser.
(The resource bundle classes also acknowledge, that the class for German
 was taken.)

Is that a known bug, am I doing something stupid, is there any solution?

Thank You in advance

Hans