From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: i need your opinion guys
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 04:48:52 GMT
Mark Goking wrote:

> hans how do you set the scopr of <sql:query> ?
>
> i didnt see any scope attribute in the samples provided. so all my
 > <sql:query> and <sql:update> dont have those

Get a book ;-) Seriously, don't try to use a technology like JSTL
without reading some documentation. If you don't feel like buying
a book about it, you should at least browse through the specification.
It's available at the link below and is fairly easy to read:

   <http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/>

But, the attribute is simple named "scope":

   <sql:query var="result" scope="session" ... />

> im betting then that the default is session? so my cursors get
 > overloaded sooner or later

Nope, the default is "page". If you run out of cursors, there some
other problem (or a bug in the JSTL implementation you use). I've
used the JSTL RI (developed in the Jakarta Taglibs project) without
any problems with cursors. Are you maybe using some other
implementation? For instance, Resin includes its own implementation.
Or are you also accessing the database using your own code? If so,
the problem may lie there.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com