From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [jstl] jsp:forward ideas
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 09:04:34 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> I'd like to do the following:
>
> <jsp:forward page="somePage.jsp">
>   <jsp:param name="id" value="${param.id}"/>
> </jsp:forward>
>
> Now, obviously this is not going to work until JSP 2.0.
>
> So then there's the next step of:
>
> <jsp:forward page="somePage.jsp">
>   <jsp:param name="id" value="<c:out value="${param.id}"/>"/>
> </jsp:forward>
>
> Which due to the order of parsing also fails to work. [This has come up
> enough on this list].

Right, JSP action elements are not evaluated in the attribute value
of another JSP action element.

> Now, my question is, is there anyway around this?
> Apart from the obvious: <% request.getParameter("id") %>.

Develop your own forward and param custom actions and add support for
the EL. Or if you want to use existing code, that's exactly what I did
for my book. You can download the code and use it anyway you like from
here:

   <http://www.thejspbook.com/download.jsp>

Hans
--