From Frank Miceli <tech_lea...@yahoo.com>
Subject select tag options attribute
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:28:43 GMT
I'm working with the select tag in the input taglib. I
have a dynamically generated list that I wish to use
in my jsp (containing cities for a particular state).
For the options= attribute, the tag requires a Map
object and a scriptlet is used.

My question is:
Is there a jsp or common tag available that returns an
object? Since taglibs are geared toward web
developers, I'd like to minimize the use of scriptlets
in the jsp.

Instead of:
<jsp:useBean id="myMap" class="test.MyPageMap"  />
options="<%= myMap.getCityMap() %>"

I'd like to see something like:
<jsp:useBean id="myMap" class="test.MyPageMap"  />
options="myMap.cityMap"

Any ideas? Does anyone else think this should be an
enhancement to some of the tags?