From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Custom taglib Exception with Tomcat 4.1
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:14:11 GMT
I have some old custom taglibs I've written that worked with tomcat
4.0.* and I'm trying to migrate them to tomcat 4.1.*. I've encountered
the following exception in tomcat and I'm a little stumped as towhat it
means, does anyone have an tips as to what this exception is about?

-thanks,
Mark

2002-12-11 18:08:59 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for
servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /Layout/LayoutTemplate.jsp(0,0)
jsp.error.buffer.invalid
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Validator$PageDirectiveVisitor.visit(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$PageDirective.accept(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visitBody(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Root.accept(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Validator.validate(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(Unknown Source)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown

Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown

Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown

Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown

Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown

Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown

Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:405)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:380)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:508)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:533)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)