From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Taglibs and Commons Logging
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:01:26 GMT
Karr, David wrote

>Well, I would guess there's a good reason for that.  The SimpleLog class
>just emits to stderr.  Are you not able to see your server console?

I just "tail" catalina.out usually to track stuff I'm working on. Or I
build my own log for a particular webapp if there's too much other
activity going on there. Right now I think that catalina.out is set to
be where stderr goes by default in a standard tomcat install on Linux, I
could be wrong.

Thanks for the help, I hope this info is of some help to others too,
Mark