From Anuj Agrawal <agrawala...@yahoo.com>
Subject invoking a JSP or servlet
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:38:33 GMT
Is it accurate to say that we should never invoke a JSP file directly?  It
should always be forwarded to from some servlet?

What if my first page (say, index.jsp) of my web app has some db query
results being displayed, is the "right" way to make it so that my first page
is a servlet and after doing all the db stuff, it forwards to the index.jsp?

If that's true, then is there a way to configure the web app (guessing via
web.xml) so that the welcome file is a particular servlet?

Thanks.
Anuj.