From Anuj Agrawal <agrawala...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: invoking a JSP or servlet
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 01:12:43 GMT
So the welcome file is a jsp that forwards to a servlet which in turn
forwards to another jsp?

Ok - in a web.xml (from Struts), i also saw:

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

I guess i'd like to map ALL servlets (not just the ones for the action
servlet) to the .html pattern (i'm very sure there will be no static pages
in this web app, and even if there are, they can be .htm).  Is this
possible?  And is this a good thing?  (My clients insist on having a file
extension - they don't like doing http://some.domain.here/myservlet?x=1, but
rather http://some.domain.here/myservlet.html?x=1 - yeah, i know.. :( .. )

Thanks.
Anuj.