From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: ?? Using Taglib JARs Across Multiple Contexts ??
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 02:06:21 GMT

I think this came up a while ago. If I recall correctly, the only solution
was to use symbolic links, and there is no solution if you are packaging
your code in WARs.

This obviously only works on platforms that support sym links fully, and I
don't think Windows platforms do.

I believe the thread was on this mail list [rather than Developers] so you
might be able to find something on it by going to an archive and having a
search. I may be misrepresenting the summary from it.

I agree with you, it's a fair bit of a pain. I'd also like to see some way
to have a config file for a WAR which is outside the WAR. Maybe if I put
myProd.war.conf.xml or some such in the webapps or deploy directory, then
it would automatically merge it in with the unpacked WAR file.

Hen