From "sufi malak" <suf...@hotmail.com>
Subject java + oracle question ?
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:52:09 GMT

I have installed oracle 8i in windows2000, and have a java class to connect
to the oracle database, compiled it but when run it I got an exception :
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
Question : Do I need to download a driver for oracle or it comes with the
instatllation ??

Here is the code :

import java.sql.*;
public class JDBCExample {
    try {
      Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
      Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(
        "jdbc:oracle:thin:@majid:1521:test",
        "scott", "tiger");
      System.out.println("Got connected");
      int maxEmpNo = 7600;

      //Create PreparedStatement
      String s = "SELECT e.ename, e.job, d.dname "
        + "FROM emp e, dept d "
        + "WHERE e.deptno = d.deptno "
        + "AND e.empno < ?";
      PreparedStatement stmt = conn.prepareStatement(s);
      stmt.setInt(1, maxEmpNo);
      ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery();

      System.out.println("Name" + "\t" + "Job" + "\t" + "Department");
      while (rs.next()) {
        System.out.println(rs.getString("ename") + "\t"
          + rs.getString("job") + "\t"
          + rs.getString("dname"));
      }
    } catch (Exception e) {