From matsuha...@quick.co.jp
Subject Re: Whitespace generated by JSTL tags
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:15:06 GMT

Martin Cooper wrote:
>It will also have a noticeable - and undesirable - effect on any <pre>
>sections in the JSP page, causing them to be rendered incorrectly.

You are right. I also want <pre> sections untouched. Hum...

A possible countermeasure could be to write a custom Ant task which does
the similar string relacement as the ant ReplaceRegExp task does while
caring in/out status of "PRE" start/end tags (very easy to write if in awk
:-). I will try this approach and come back here when finished.

     MATSUHASHI,kazuaki