From Eric.Le...@swissinfo.ch
Subject RE: Non Java Developers, programmers using JSTL and taglibs
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 16:28:00 GMT
Actually, JSTL was introduced into our company for exactly that purpose.
Now, I'm not the one saying that every web designer will understand it, BUT
from my point of view a web designer must know JavaScript. Now, if he
understands JavaScript, how far is he from understanding JSTL? It's just a
new syntax, but an "if" is an "if" is an "if"  :-)
If "WYSIWYG designers" means people who create web sites with Frontpage (or
even Word!), then presumably they won't have a clue. But a good web designer
for me is someone who knows and understands HTML, JavaScript and perhaps
even a bit of XML - and such a person shouldn't have a problem.

Best regards,
Eric