From "Chen, Gin" <Gin.C...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: missing if/else syntax (What about catch?)
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 14:59:28 GMT
Just for the record.. I never called you guys zombies.. but if you made
lieutenant, I might have to start giving you due props. ;)
Also Tomcat is free but so is the IIS that most people run their *free* PHP
from ;)
BTW Jetty *although not much better in error msgs* seems to run JSP/web
solutions a bit better and faster than Tomcat.
And I havent had to restart it yet. woohoo!
-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Serge Knystautas [mailto:sergek@lokitech.com]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 10:49 AM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: missing if/else syntax (What about catch?)

Chen, Gin wrote:
> Let's face it. If a *non-java-programming* person runs into a problem when
> coding a PHP page versus a JSP page. Which is going to be easier for
> him/her/wife to debug?

I completely agree, and my one mantra as a zombie lietenant was to
require good error messages in JSTL.  A lot though rests on the servlet
container though, so can't say it was that successful, and there's the
pressure not to require too much in a spec.

But anyway, my point is in the end that has little to do with the spec
and most to do with the implementation.  Tomcat gives some of the worst
error messages, but then again it's free and open source, so it's hard
to complain. :)

--
Serge Knystautas
President