From "Chen, Gin" <Gin.C...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: Personal plans
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 13:57:31 GMT
Wow this is a HUGE lose to the JSTL community :(
I wish you all the best in everything you decide to do (even if it being a
lawyer ;)
Thank you SO much for all the invaluable information that you have given to
me.
Thank you SO much for writing the ONLY technology/reference book that I have
ever read cover to cover.
And thank you SO much for being the patient and ever helpful person that you
are.
-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Bayern [mailto:bayern@essentially.net]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 6:36 PM
To: jsr-052-experts@eng.sun.com
Cc: ; taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Personal plans

Hi everyone,

As Pierre's known for some time, I've been planning on leaving my current
career and heading to law school.  Just today, I formally committed to
enroll at UC Berkeley; I'll be leaving Yale in June and heading down to
Berkeley in July.

Because of the focus and commitment demanded by legal education, I won't
be able to continue leading the JSTL Reference Implementation project and
working actively on JCP specifications.  The last few years I've spent
with the rest of you in the Java community have been extraordinarily
fulfilling, and it's not easy to leave; I'm just glad I got to know so
many of you -- you've been great colleagues, outstanding programmers, and
users of exceptional taste. :)

I'll do my best to follow the lists when I can and to keep up with many of
you personally.  In the meantime, thanks to you all!

Shawn