From " mde" <forw...@thesmithconnection.net>
Subject Re: content is not allowed in prolog when performing multiple transformation
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 19:55:31 GMT
This white space is not present in the xsl file, so are you saying that if there's any white
space between the first transformation and the second transformation, then I'll get this error?

And how does one overcome this problem?

Thanks.

-M

From: "Mark R. Diggory" <mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu>
Date:  Wed, 14 May 2003 15:36:32 -0400

>This arises from whitespace existing before the <?xml version="1.0"
>encoding="UTF-8"?>. If there are any spaces or "cr/lf" present the
>parser will throw this error.
>
>mde wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>   I'm using the jstl x:transform to perform xslt transformations. I'm reading an
xml file into a variable, applying the transformation, and everything works well.

>>   But when I try to perform a second transformation on that same xml (i.e. apply
another xslt to it on the same page), then I get an error: Content is not allowed in prolog.

>>   When I view source, I see "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>", which
could potentially be causing the problem. But I'm not adding that...it seems that the transformation
is adding that to the page before displaying the html.

>> Anyway, I see in the examples that multiple transformations are allowed on the same
page, so I'd appreciate any advice getting this to work.