From "Rick Ross" <rr...@stupendousman.com>
Subject Re: Stored procedure (RFI proposal)
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:56:08 GMT
I agree with Mr. Smith that dumping a working tool because it doesn't fit
the current (albeit valid) programming model.   I personally would have
replace (steal) the sql: tags if they were abandoned because I am happily
banging away on a flat two tiered model.

All of my pages that derive from the database query the db directly.  They
format the results and display them, with input forms as needed.

MVC? No.  Beautiful? No.  Efficient? Extraordinarily.  Easy Development?
Yes.    The lesson I have learned:  We must not confuse 'best practices'
with 'most appropriate in all cases'

P.S.  Don't flame me!   Yes, I 'know' better but this was an experiment and
the results are quite promising.

Rick