From Rick Reumann...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: continued question on using an Integer from a Map
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:22:16 GMT
On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 09:56, Michael Duffy wrote:

> The java.util.Map only takes Objects as keys and
> values.  If you've got an int that you want to use as
> the key to get a value out of your Map, you'll have to
> wrap it as a java.lang.Integer first.

I understand that:) What in my e-mail led you to think I was trying to
use an int vs Integer?

> <c:out value="Here's the value you ordered:
> ${users.get[key]}"/>
>
> But it's not working.  Unless the EL can handle
> passing an Object to a Map, I don't know a way to do
> what you're asking.  The int-to-String is the only
> workaround that I'm aware of. - MOD

Ok, that's what I wanted to know (and what I was afraid of:).

I guess if I really cared I could modify the tag to an additional
parameter such as class-type so I can let the tag know whether the key
to be looked up should be cast to an Integer from the String
representation that is being passed to the tag evaluation.

--
Rick