From "Felipe Leme" <t5jtjj...@sneakemail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Having an expression in an set tag]
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:51:45 GMT
On Saturday 05 July 2003 06:48 am, shanmugampl shanmugampl-at-india.adventnet.com |jakarta|
wrote:

><c:set var="link" value="${request.requestURL + '?nodeClicked=' + NODEID + >'&firstChild=true'}"/>

>     but this is not working. I am getting the following an error

>An exception occured trying to convert String "?nodeClicked" to type >"java.lang.Double"
>

> Have i done anything wrong in writing the expression.

Yes, you did. You tried to add 2 Strings, while you should just concatenad them inside the
value parameter (without using EL).

By the way, this is a typical mistake (it took me hours to figure it out the first time I
got that error:). The right code should be something like:

<c:set var="link" value="${request.requestURL$}?nodeClicked=${NODEID}&firstChild=true"/>

(but as someone already pointed out, you should use the <c:url> in these situations)

Felipe