From shanmugampl <shanmuga...@india.adventnet.com>
Subject Grtting an Error while using forEach tag
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 08:54:10 GMT
Dear All,

      I am using forEach tag for iterating over an ArrayList present in
the session scope. The code I have used is

<core:forEach var="image" items="${TREE-IMAGES}">
   ------
   ------
</core:forEach>

      When i execute this page I get the following error

An error occurred while evaluating custom action attribute "items" with
value "${TREE-IMAGES}": Attempt to coerce a value of type
"java.util.ArrayList" to type "java.lang.Long" (null

  But if I get the value and store it in a different name the forEach
tag works properly. The changed code is

<%
java.util.ArrayList list =
(java.util.ArrayList)pageContext.findAttribute("TREE-IMAGES");
session.setAttribute("IMAGES",list); %>
<core:forEach var="image" items="IMAGES">
    -----
    -----
</core:forEach>

  This works properly. Will there be a problem if there is a - in the
variabe name or have i misunderstood something.

Thanks
Shanmugam PL