From "Siggelkow, Bill" <bill.siggel...@mirant.com>
Subject fmt:bundle not finding bundle after fmt:message
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:02:17 GMT
I am using the version of TagLibs bundled with the Struts 1.1 (final) release.

The problem I am having occurs when I try and use fmt:message contained in fmt:bundle
after a previous fmt:message that uses the localization context that I specified as a context-param.

  	<fmt:message key="welcome.heading"/>
  	<fmt:bundle basename="buildnumber">
  		<fmt:message key="build.number"/>
  	</fmt:bundle>

The first message works correctly but the second one does not.  If I set the "build.number"
property
in my default resource bundle -- it does work -- because it is falling back to the default
bundle.
If I remove the first fmt:message (or replace with Struts bean:message) the second fmt:message
works correctly.
It is as if using the first fmt:message is screwing up the ability for the fmt:bundle
tag to find the bundle.  If I instead use setBundle it works as in the following:

  	<fmt:message key="welcome.heading"/>
  	<fmt:setBundle basename="buildnumber" var="build"/>
  	<fmt:message key="build.number" bundle="${build}"/>

Let me know if I need to provide more clarification of the problem.

Bill Siggelkow
678.579.6458
Mirant
http://www.mirant.com