From Neil Zanella <nzane...@cs.mun.ca>
Subject Re: Jakarta Taglibs Installation
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:51:04 GMT

Well, now I am not entirely sure that it is mandatory, because I have
a JSP page such that when I change the WEB-INF/web.xml to include the
following lines (for connecting to a database which is not yet on the
network):

  <context-param>
    <param-name>
      javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource
    </param-name>
    <param-value>
      jdbc:postgresql:foodb,org.postgresql.Driver,johndoe
    </param-value>
  </context-param>

and save the .jsp file without making any modifications to it, I get
the following error, but the error is not caused by a change in the
.jsp file; it's caused by the above lines:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri
(http://java.sun.com/jstl/core) cannot be resolved in either web.xml or
the jar files deployed with this application

This is clearly wrong!!! BTW I have not been able to connect to the data
source yet so I'm not sure yet if that would fix it, but the error is
clearly the wrong error, and is introduced by the above lines.

Why is this happening? (almost would seem like a bug: Tomcat 4.1.24)

Neil