From Neil Zanella <nzane...@cs.mun.ca>
Subject SQL tag library installation question
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:45:07 GMT

Hello,

I wonder whether anyone has been using the SQL tag library.
I am wondering about the following:

As it seems to me that Tomcat does not make use of the CLASSPATH
variable at all (i.e. it does not read it when it is started)
(is this correct?), then how can Tomcat possibly find on the
system some JDBC driver such as org.postgresql.Driver
installed on the system as a JAR file whose absolute
path name is given by: /usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc7.0-1.2.jar

I cannot make out how Tomcat would know to look in such a
place in the first place. Anyone know how it is done?

Also, is anyone using tomcat with Red Hat 9 and postgresql?
I cannot seem to be able to start the postmaster with the
-i flag (used to enable network connections, necessary
for JDBC connections too apparently).

Thanks,

Neil