From "Pembroke, Brian" <Brian.Pembr...@ANICO.com>
Subject Page scope problems
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:52:01 GMT
I'm not able to get a value from page scope through the jstl tags.
The scriplet is not null but the test for empty using the jstl tags, is
null.  The documentTypeList should
not be null.  Below is a copy of the jsp that is giving me a problem. If
anybody could give me any idea's on how to correct the problem, I would
greatly appreciate it.

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css">
<TITLE>State Availability</TITLE>
<jsp:useBean id="dataBean" class="com.anico.dasd.DataBean"
	scope="request" />

<%
Vector documentTypeList  = (Vector) dataBean.getListValue
(SlaicoUtilConstants.CONST_DOCUMENT_TYPE_LIST);
%>
</HEAD>

<BODY leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
<%
if (documentTypeList == null) {
  out.println("document type list is empty");
} else {
  out.println("document type list is not empty");
}
%>
<c:if test="${empty documentTypeList}">
   <c:out value="document type list is empty"/>
</c:if>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Thanks,