From "Felipe Leme" <t5jtjj...@sneakemail.com>
Subject Re: API for expression language evaluation
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:56:24 GMT
On Wednesday 20 August 2003 06:19 am, Johann Uhrmann wrote:

> is there an API for expression language evaluation?

Yes, there is. But it's part of Jakarta Standard, not JSTL itself.

> ${bean.property}
>    Should be evaluated to the property value of the bean.

Take a look on this article, it explain how to achieve that:

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/10/30/jstl3.html

> Does the JSTL provide such an API?

Unfortunately, the JSTL 1.0 specification doesn't provide that API. But that's
not really a problem because:

- most - if not all - of current JSTL 1.0 implementations are based on Jakarta
Standard - which provides such API
- JSTL 1.1 (and I guess the next versions too) requires JSP 2.0, which takes
care of EL handling

Felipe