From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Standard's source not matching debug lines
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:34:45 GMT
Serge Knystautas wrote:
> I was trying to use 2 different debuggers (Jdebug and jswat) to step
> through JSTL 1.0.3 implementation, and the line numbers for the javax.*
> classes are not lining up.  Things seem fine for the org.apache.* stuff.

Issue turned out to be that the web-container was bundling the JSTL API,
and I had specified to have it use the Apache RI implementation.  But
the bug was with the JSTL API implementation (LoopTagStatus) that was
later fixed.

Anyway, sorted it out.  A good lesson in the downside of bundling
abstract implementations in an API.

--
Serge Knystautas
President